Terms and Conditions of Ohakune Escapes (OE)
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- A non-refundable deposit of $60.00 per person is required to secure your booking. This is for the accommodation provider who we need to pay in advance and is not recoverable for OE.
- Balance of the payment is to be made in full two weeks prior to the booking. Should the customer choose to cancel the booking after the full payment is made due to either weather forecasts or other reasons, there will be no refund.
- In the event of an activity being cancelled by the Provider of that activity due to poor conditions (this usually only happens on the day of the activity), e.g., Jetboat trip, then OE will endeavour to provide you with an alternative activity or activities for the same value. If this is not possible then OE will partially refund the activity portion of the package.
- If you choose to cancel the activity as you feel the weather is marginal then there will be no refund.
- If the Tongariro Crossing is deemed too risky by the transport providers or DOC then there are plenty of other walks less risky in the area that we will get you transported to, there will be no refund if you choose to cancel your trip.
- All payments are to be made by direct credit into the OE Bank account. Once we have received the payment you will be sent a confirmation of your booking.
- Child rates apply for children aged 15 and under.
- Accommodation is twin share but the Lodge rooms comfortably hold 4 people if you wish to be together and/or have a large group you want to bring.
- Each room has a double bed and single bed on lower level and another double and single bed above.
- Beds come with fitted bottom sheets, pillows with pillowcases but you need to bring your own sleeping bags or sheets with blanket
- Each room has a sink and mirror. Bathrooms are separate male/female with showers and toilets. You need to bring your towel.
Food and Alcohol
- Alcohol cannot be purchased on the property but you are welcome to bring your own
- Ohakune Escapes (OE) provides tea, coffee, hot chocolate and milk. You need to provide any other drinks.
- OE provides evening meals and breakfasts (Packed lunch for Tongariro Crossing or by arrangement for other trips). You need to provide your own snacks or any special dietary requirements not covered by OE
- OE needs to be made aware of any special dietary requirements at the time of your booking. If the special requirements mean the purchase of specialised food then there may be an extra charge incurred.
- Transport to and from your activity is provided by a licenced transport operator.
- Whilst you are with them they are responsible for your health and safety.
- The Lodge is a robust building so the chances of any damage are low however if you or any of your group cause any damage to the property or contents of the property you will be liable for the full replacement or repair costs
- Theft – Any theft of contents of the property will be required to be returned or replaced
Health and Safety
- OE will give you a briefing on our health and safety hazards when you arrive at the lodge.
- When you are with another provider of transport or activities, it is their responsibility to make you aware of any health and safety policies for their company.
- If you are doing the Tongariro Crossing, it is your responsibility to read the safety information on the website to ensure you are fully equipped for this walk. http://www.tongarirocrossing.org.nz/
- Other walks – please ensure you have the appropriate clothing, footwear and snacks for your walk and stay on the track !!!
- Cycling activities – We do not hold any responsibility for your safety whilst doing these activities. Please ensure you ride with care and within your skill level