Get the brothers together, meet in Ohakune or hire a bus and arrive together. Make it happen — Take a Bro Break.
“Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons…you really climb for the hell of it.” — Edmund Hillary
Meet up on Friday evening, have a few drinks with the guys, have dinner served and prepare for your weekend of adventure.
Ohakune Escapes provide accommodation, 2 x two-course dinners, 2 x breakfasts and a packed
Choose your adventure:
- Ohakune Coach Road Walk/Cycle – 3 ½ hours or 1 ½ hours.
- Short or long hikes in Ruapehu District.
- Mountain biking.
- Raetihi to Pipiriki Bike Ride then Jet Boat tour to Bridge to Nowhere on the Whanganui River – 6 hours.
- Whitewater rafting.
- Indoor climbing wall – 1 hour.
paddle boarding– 3½ hours.
- Horse Trek — Range of options.
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing – All Day.
- Quadbike ride over-looking Tongariro National Park and the Raurimo Spiral. (duration 30 minutes to
- Learn to Fly Fish – 4 hours.
Alternatively, contact Ohakune Escapes with your customised itinerary and ask for a quotation.
Price depends on your choice of adventures. We can arrange transport to the start of the adventure and pick-up afterwards (including mountain bikes) at an additional cost, depending on distance and time.
“You only get one chance at life and you have to grab it boldly.” — Bear Grylls